Oklahoma City’s market is seeking an experienced, full time newscast producer to serve as a team leader. We are looking for maturity, experience and strong communication skills. The ideal candidate also has a talent for showcasing, a commitment to journalism and lives for breaking news.
1. At least one yer producing experience.
2. Top notch showcasing skills, superb writing and communication skills.
3. Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year.
4. Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines.
5. Must keep up on local, state, national and international issues.
6. Watch local TV news whenever possible.
7. Must work well as part of a team.
This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgement, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills. Degree in journalism or equivalent experience preferred. Must be willing to work flexible hours. If you can do most, if not all of these things, you should throw your hat in the ring.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that different tasks be performed when circumstances change. e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, special projects, technological developments, etc.
1. Write & produces news stories for daily newscasts- serves as a control room leader during severe weather and breaking news coverage.
2. Produces opens and graphics elements for a highly produced newscast.
3. Fills in on other newscasts as needed.
4. Work aggressively to increase traffic on web and social platforms.
5. Contributes recommendations on daily story coverage and special assignments.
6. Must be available to work station promotion events.
7. Serves as a leader within the news room, offering advice and assistance to other employees.
8. Copy edits news stories by reporters and writers.
9. Produces special news events, shows and coverage outside the daily newscasts.
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
KFOR/KAUT is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit tribunemediacareers.com.