The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our (morning, evening, or weekend) newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site.
· Solid news judgment
· Be a compelling and accurate writer
· Be able to multitask and manage their time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
· Have strong leadership skills and excellent communication skills
· The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
· Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must.
· Must have at least 2 years of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station
· Journalism degree preferred
· Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a link to your work, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of a recent newscast to:
Attn: News Director
1228 E Wilshire
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://sbgi.net/careers →