KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City has an opening for an experienced and dynamic News Director with the talent, energy and leadership to take KOCO 5 to number ONE. The successful candidate will possess and be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, the ability to develop and communicate a strategic plan enthusiastically and delegate authority to optimal success. It will require an enthusiastic and skilled communicator, a skilled people manager, and a person with strong development skills. In addition, the successful candidate should have experience in severe weather coverage, breaking news and community service and the ability to serve our viewers in a multiplatform environment. With the resources of not only KOCO 5 but of the Hearst Television group, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Management of news department including editorial leadership of content on its multicast channel and digital platforms.
• Recruiting, leadership, and development of the news team.
• Execution of Live Local Late-breaking news brand across all platforms.
• Budget development and administration.
• Strategic planning in collaboration with the General Manager and other department heads on station initiatives.
• 3-5 years of broadcast television newsroom management, and proven leadership ability.
• Proven track record of mentoring/coaching a news staff.
• Ability to demonstrate how the candidate has improved news product at another broadcast television station and digital platform.
• Candidate must have a proven record of leadership and success with at least 3-5 years of managing a local news operation.
• Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
• Strong communication skills.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com