Oklahoma Educational Television Authority
JOB OPENING NOTIFICATION
POSITION: Digital Network Specialist
ISSUED: November 27, 2018
CLOSE: Until Filled
The Oklahoma Educational Television Authority announces the opening of the position titled DIGITAL NETWORK SPECIALIST located in Oklahoma City. The most qualified candidate(s) will be contacted for an interview.
• Works with the Vice President of Engineering in the planning, implementing, installation, and
maintenance of digital network equipment essential to broadcast operations such as file servers, LAN and WAN systems, hardware, software, telecommunications, and other electronic equipment.
• Monitor network to ensure availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measure from unauthorized access.
• Analyze, design, test, and evaluate network systems.
• Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
• Research and recommend computer and digital communications equipment.
• Digital television technology will include but not limited to working with video, audio, and
digital formats and transport including interfaces for SD and HD. Production formats such as
MPEG II, IV, DVC Pro, Avid, HD Cam MPEG 4, H.264, and other digital formats as acquired by OETA.
• Maintain records on equipment, software, and maintenance reports.
• Works with the Vice President of Engineering to plan and develop budgets for new acquisitions.
• Other duties as required.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintaining a digital broadcast facility.
• Knowledge of hubs, switchers, and router connectivity, segmentation, protocols along with
installation and configurations of Cisco routers.
• Experienced in troubleshooting and maintaining Windows servers that include DHCP, WINS, DNS, SNA, SMS, and domain controllers.
• Experience in planning, installing, configuring, and maintaining LAN and WAN computer networks and telecommunications networks.
• Knowledge and ability to maintain the security structure of NT systems and digital systems.
• Passion for OETA’s mission.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
• Public Broadcasting
• Microsoft MCSC Certification
• Cisco CCNA Certification
• Will report to the Vice President of Engineering, participate in the monthly scheduled
engineering meetings, and will share knowledge and provide training to the engineering staff.
• Work successfully with a wide variety of people in a team environment.
• Focused and task oriented.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Work productively under pressure and with little supervision.
• Self-motivated with good diplomatic skills.
• Dependable and punctual.
Salary up to $51,455. A generous benefit package including health, leave, retirement, plus much
more is included.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter, application, professional references, and resume to OETA, Human Resources,
P.O. Box 14190, Oklahoma City, OK 73113, (405) 848-8501 or email to email@example.com.
Applications are available online at OETA.tv or in person at 7403 N. Kelley Avenue, Oklahoma City.
OETA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org