Oklahoma Educational Television Authority
The Oklahoma Educational Television Authority (OETA) announced the opening of the full-time position titled TV Director, a staff position in the OETA Production Department, located in Oklahoma City. The most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Reporting to the OETA Production Manager, this position requires an individual with multiple skills for a variety of functions in the production department.
• Responsible for hands-on directing of a weekly newscast, and other directing tasks as assigned.
• Coordinate scripting, graphics, audio, teleprompter, and timing for newscasts or other programs assigned, and complete them on deadline and within budget.
• Post-produce and edit assigned programs or video content (such as promos) using non-linear editing.
• Will also be available to design and operate audio for programs, work with graphic display in
programs, operate studio cameras, and field DSLR cameras as assigned at OETA or
• Collaborate with Production Manager to prepare program or departmental budgets, and with
Stage Manager to plan studio set designs, construction, and lighting as needed.
• Collaborate with OETA Graphic Artist in the creation of needed production graphics.
• Collaborate with all members of the production department to recommend needed equipment.
• Coordinate with all OETA departments to ensure that broadcast content is available on the OETA website; create and produce original on-line content as assigned.
• Help organize and maintain OETA equipment and studio properties.
• A minimum of three years of successful work experience in television production required.
• College level study in television production preferred.
• Must have hands-on experience operating HD digital switchers, graphic equipment, audio mixers, studio cameras, field cameras, teleprompter, and non-linear editors (AVID preferred).
• Must have experience in lighting design and implementation.
• Must have experience in studio set design and construction.
• Must be able to establish cooperative and effective working relationships with all OETA
departments and with external organizations utilizing OETA resources.
• Must be able to plan for productions, both large and small, and determine time and financial
budgets, personnel needs, equipment required and complete the assignment under
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs and have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
Salary up to $34,830. A generous benefit package including health, leave, retirement, plus
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter, application and resume to OETA, Human Resources, P.O. Box 14190,
Oklahoma City, OK 73113, (405) 848-8501 or email to email@example.com.
Applications are available online at OETA.tv or in person at 7403 N. Kelley Avenue,
OETA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org