Website Rogers State University
Rogers State University – Public Television – is accepting applications for a Production Manager.
The Production Manager oversees a production staff of three (3), in addition to nine (9) student producers. Production staff duties include but not limited to local productions, ID’s, announcements, features, interstitials, underwriter spot builds, and all other assigned productions. This position will also be responsible for coordinating schedules and providing formalized student instruction for student producers.
Reports to: General Manager
Hours: M – F, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Special and extraordinary projects may include weekend and evening hours.
FLSA: Exempt; Full-time; Benefit eligible
• 5 years’ experience in production department at commercial or non-commercial television station facility;
• Bachelor’s Degree, Mass Communications, Broadcasting, Journalism, Telecommunications.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite/Computer experience;
• Experience with Premier editing software;
• Principles and practices of organization, management and practices of supervision, training and performance evaluation;
• Budgeting procedures and techniques;
• All production techniques and capabilities of a non-commercial public broadcasting television station;
• F.C.C. Rules and Regulations, technology advances, industry trends and issues that have a potential impact on KRSU-TV, including Program Underwriting rules and regulations;
• Researches capabilities, performance, benefits and costs to purchase equipment subject to bid specifications;
• Maintains compliance with all internal all external procedures involved with the formal bidding process;
• Conducts research, organize and prepare clear and concise reports on a variety of technical issues;
• Analyze situations prudently, draw logical conclusions and take effective course of action using appropriate policies, procedures and resources;
• Determine work priorities and handle a variety of projects simultaneously;
• Supervise, evaluate and motive assigned staff.
Preferred Qualification Summary:
• Five (5) years’ experience in production department, commercial or non-commercial television station facility;
• Two (2) years’ experience in management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Previous experience in budgeting, financial administration, policies, procedures and clerical functions a plus.
Makes recommendations regarding new departmental policies or procedures to improve organizational and staff efficiency. Plans, develops and coordinates creative and technical elements of production. Facilitates conflict resolution.
• Conceptualizes, designs, and implements production strategies for RSU TV, employing knowledge of industry trends, production technologies, innovative techniques and best practices to meet the needs of the station’s functional areas including but not limited to Programming, Promotion, Traffic, Underwriting, etc.;
• Works in a leadership capacity with station department heads to develop interesting and engaging content for local, regional and national audiences that will enhance the station’s image and ensure its long-term success.
– Programming Department – to develop program content that can be utilized on a variety of platforms, distributed in a variety of ways for a variety of uses (broadcast, cable, film, social media, satellite, mobile, etc.);
– Development Department – (Major Giving, Underwriting, Membership) to ensure that production needs are met to achieve financial objectives;
– Traffic Departments – to facilitate and support adequate workflow of all station-produced content (Promotion materials, Pre-produced interstitial materials, Events, Fundraising etc);
– Engineering Department – to ensure adequate purchase, implementation and maintenance of all production related equipment and accessories;
– Educational Services to provide production support for educational initiatives and outreach opportunities;
– Works with internal and external production agencies on behalf of the station to obtain, schedule, and secure equipment, crew, provide technical expertise, direction, scripting, computer-based editing services to achieve production success;
– Works closely with the GM and other senior management team to develop and implement various projects that create revenue and/or reduce expenses;
– Develops and submits budget recommendations to the General Manager, researching and recommending equipment purchases based on production needs and approaches;
– Monitors budget expenditures relative to the Production Department to ensure strict adherence to defined capital budget allocations.
– Works closely with the General Manager to provide production support for entrepreneurial ventures and strategic initiatives;
– Researches, identifies, recommends and/or pursues specific production grant opportunities to enhance station programming efforts;
– Oversees grant administration in concert with station to ensure appropriate use and management of grant funds;
– Consults with and provides guidance to independent producers to help them understand technical and packaging needs for RSU TV and produce programming with sufficient quality to meet established standards and allow expanded program offerings and RSU TV production distribution in keeping with the station’s standards and reputation.
• Serves as a spokesperson and community liaison for the station in matters of “content” produced by RSU TV for local, regional, and national distribution;
• Functions as technical and creative lead for production projects; plan and coordinate project activities, assign and review work of others;
• Analyze and evaluate effectiveness of professional and student staff while ensuring all processes meet Equal Opportunity Employment (EOE) and legal requirements and guidelines and conform to University policies and procedures;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to bend, walk life a minimum of fifty (50) pounds and push, pull, and carry equipment and supplies.
This institution is in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational services.
To apply for this job please visit www.rsu.edu.